authors William Williams
A South Nashville property that had housed a business that ceased operations in late 2020 after a 46-year run has sold.
The address of the one-acre property near Trevecca Nazarene University, home to a warehouse that opened when the business did, is 82 Polk Ave. The seller was B&G Auto & Truck Repair Inc., which did business as B&G Auto Upholstery. An LLC affiliated with 1-800 Radiator of Nashville now owns the property, having paid $1.5 million for it. Jeff White owns 1-800 Radiator of Nashville, a radiator business that operates at 301 Glenrose Ave, near Interstate 440.
Perhaps best known for its interior work on foreign automobiles, B&G closed at the end of October. It began business in 1974, with its predecessor (A&B Auto & Truck Repair Inc.) having started in 1956, according to the company website. Leonard “Pa” Blackburn, who died in 2014 at age 90, founded both companies.
Travis Kelty, president and CEO of Brentwood-based Kelty Commercial Real Estate, represented the seller in the transaction. The buyer was represented by Kelly Gammer with Franklin-based Capital Realty Group.